Summer is a great time to hit the beach, hang out by the pool and dare we say sun bathe (with sunscreen of course) (lots of sunscreen). All of these activities are fun while they last but they do take a toll on our skin. Some of us get color while others are more prone to sunburns, sun rashes and irritation. However, in both scenarios, the outermost layer of our skin is getting damaged. As great as it looks, tan skin is damaged skin. The results are usually pigmentation, sun spots, dry skin and a dull looking appearance. Once the temperature decreases and the tans fade, skin problems become more apparent and start to catch up to us.
However, this winter we are taking things into our hands. Here are 5 ways to bring back your A game and minimize post summer damage.
1) Professional Glow Up. Call your favorite Esthetician and book that facial appointment. Nothing like taking things into your own hands like a refreshing facial. Start your damage control process with a professional. Let them assess your skin, put you on the right track and give you that glow up you deserve.
2) Exfoliate Exfoliate Exfoliate. The great thing about exfoliation is that you can do it from the comfort of your own home with a simple exfoliating cleanser or polish. Incorporating an exfoliating scrub into your routine will help minimize pores, slough off dead skin cells and bring life back into your skin. Our go to exfoliating product is the Bio Jouvance Paris Gentle Face & Body Scrub. Unlike most exfoliating polishes, this product is made with Natural Jojoba Beads that sweep away dead skin without causing further damage. For our professionals we recommend our Gommage Sloughing Cream. This non abrasive cream gently sloughs off impurities leaving the skin looking heathy and radiant.
3) Invest in Hydrating Products. Hydration is key during this transition period. Make sure the products you are using will moisturize, plump and hydrate your skin. The summer heat tends to dry skin leaving us with a dull looking appearance. Investing in hydrating cleansers and hydrating toners along with booster products such as pure Hyaluronic Acid, and our favorite, Marine DNA will almost immediately repair, hydrate and plump skin.
4) Sunscreen.The #1 rule. Don't forget your sunscreen - fall, winter, spring, summer no matter how bright the sun is shining or how how hard the snow is falling always - and we mean ALWAYS use plenty of sunscreen. Protecting yourself from the suns rays slows down the aging process, keeps skin tone even, prevents discoloration, and promotes smoother and healthier looking skin. Bio Jouvance Paris 4 in 1 Sunscreenacts as a moisturizer and sunscreen. If you like the au naturale look like us, give our 5 in 1 Tinted Sunscreen a go. Made for all skin types, it protects and hydrates skin with a natural coverage for an extra glow.
5) Good Old H2O. Don't just apply it, ingest it! We all know how important water is for everyday life, but water also plays a huge role in how are skin looks and feels. Two liters or more of water a day can go a long way in purifying skin, clearing acne and resulting in healthier looking skin. Benefits all around.
As with most things, consistency is key. Put yourself first. Taking care of your skin will not only bring you short term benefits but your future self will thank you as you are actively slowing down the aging process. Eat well, drink well and give your skin the TLC it deserves, You're worth it. Summer damage who? We don't know her.
Till next time.
Bio Jouvance Paris.